CALL FOR ARTISTS
Steel & Oak is excited to announce its new community arts space within the tasting room. Our gallery will be rotating artwork on a quarterly basis. To celebrate our new gallery, our theme of our first exhibition will be Community. The theme is up to your creative interpretation, but you must draw inspiration from it.
All visual artists, established or emerging, from the lower mainland are encouraged to submit to Steel & Oak’s new community arts program.
Steel & Oak wishes to highlight how diverse our community is. In order to break down any exclusionary barriers and create a platform for marginalized voices, artists on the LGBTQ spectrum, non-binary artists, artists of colour, and disabled artists, are strongly encouraged to submit.
Submissions will be received up to 12:00pm (noon) on:
Friday August 10, 2018
- To apply to this Call for Artists you must be someone who creates art (including, but not limited to: painting, digitized art, visual poetry, mixed media, photography, drawing, printmaking, etc.)
- Artwork must fit into the theme of Community
- The gallery at Steel & Oak does not charge exhibiting artists to display their works. We strongly encourage artists to provide their contact information for interested buyers. Steel & Oak will not deduct any percentage of the sales of artwork from the artist.
- Unfortunately, due to the size and nature of our space, we are unable to accept any sculptures or installation art. Please only submit 2D, and/or ready wall-mounted 3D works.
- Attach to email no more than 5 images of your work (.jpg format- 300 dpi, no more
than a total of 5MB).
- Should you be submitting more than one work for consideration, please provide only 2-3 images of each work.
- Proposed artwork must include title, material(s), dimensions, and date
- A short bio (75 words max)
- An artist statement that introduces your practice and artworks submitted (250 words max)
- A curriculum vitae (3 pages max)
- Selected artists are responsible for delivery of their works to and from the gallery at Steel & Oak.
- Artwork must be ready to display (ready-mounted or framed)
- Artwork must be available to be displayed for the durations of 4 months.
All submissions must be in pdf format and emailed to email@example.com by August 10th at noon. Artists will be notified no later than August 15th if their submission has been successful.
Should you have any questions regarding the gallery or your application, please direct them to the Arts Programmer, Heather Prost at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the community arts program at Steel & Oak please visit our blog at: https://steelandoak.ca/2018/07/so-art-program/